India is facing a serious power crisis in recent years and generation of power proves insufficient in comparison to its requirement. Moreover, the power generation is becoming costlier and generation of conventional power source has been limited and demand is increasing. India’s generation sector is now started focusing on using non conventional energy sources because of their unlimited availability and easy adoptability. Among non conventional energy sources solar energy is the best option for all conventional energy sources.
Trainee broadly needs to demonstrate that they are able to:
- Read and interpret technical parameters/ documentation, plan and organize work processes, identify necessary materials and tools.
- Perform tasks with due consideration to safety rules, accident prevention regulations and environmental protection stipulations.
- Apply professional knowledge & employability skills while performing the job and modification & maintenance work.
- Check the circuit/ equipment/ panel as per drawing for functioning, identify and rectify faults/ defects.
- Document the technical parameters related to the task undertaken.
CAREER PROGRESSION PATHWAYS/ JOBS OPPORTUNITIES
- Can join Apprenticeship Programmes in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC).
- By acquiring the skill from the course “solar technician”, a skilled person can be employed in a production sectors of solar panels, solar cell, inverter, solar battery, solar street lights, solar framework etc. and he can work in operation, technician maintenance, and servicing technician in OFF grid and ON grid system.
- A skilled personal can set up his own business by supplying and producing the accessories used in solar panels, solar cell, inverter, solar battery, solar street lights, solar framework etc
SKILL Training UNDER DST
(Tata Power Ltd, National Institute of Solar Energy, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.)